Running on - Determination...

After yesterday's unplanned rest day, I was determined to get my run in this morning. After yesterday's journal entry spouting off on hitting my run goals for the week and not being too concerned with the cross-training and strength training, I KNEW I had to get out and run today.

Did I want to run today? Nope - so much easier to sit in the house and have another cup of coffee.

Maybe I should have named this journal entry Running on - Accountability. Knowing I had to do a blog post just added fuel to the determination fire. I laced up and hit the road.

Since I did have that extra rest day (and I am OK with that), I wanted to switch the Sat. 'long' run to today - fresh legs and all. Now my long run is not long in the grand scheme of other runners, but we're building a base and THE PLAN is there for a reason. Today would be the first day I would do my Sat. 1M/1m long run intervals. Last Saturday's Park Run showed me that I am ready to do these 1M/1m interval runs (so, yeah, deviating from the plan slightly). And I reminded myself of two things before I began:

Slow and steady!

Heart rate down!

(These were also added to the notes on my watch, so I had extra reminders when I glanced down during the run).

I felt good. I kept the run segments steady (13:02/12:49/12:46) and was able to lower my heart rate while running when I saw it had climbed up to beyond the aerobic zone. All in all, a good run this morning. Yay!

J

Comments