Running on - Flexibility...

You thought we were talking about stretching, didn't you? Nope - flexible scheduling. You see, making a new-to-me cabbage salad meant dusting off the mandolin to shred the cabbage...

Know where this is going? Yep, cocky enough to think I didn't need the guard meant a slight 'nick' of a finger that resulted in band-aid usage for the past two days. And no going to the pool today as planned! No one, and I mean no one, wants to see someone in the pool with a band-aid...even worse, seeing a used band-aid at the bottom of the pool as you swim laps. Luckily for me, I am totally blind in the pool and wouldn't know if there was a band-aid at the bottom of the pool - but I wouldn't want to subject any sighted person to that ugliness!

So, my schedule allows for the occasional nick, extra rest day, perhaps a spontaneous trip to the city. To me (and my Quest for C2FM), the most important component to the training is the planned runs. If I have to juggle those runs, I will. But if I happen to miss a swim session or a weight session, I will cut myself some slack...

And try not to cut myself on the mandolin again :)

J

FWIW - I did do my scheduled resistance band workout, band-aid be damned!

Comments