Running on - Musical Beats...

This was my post on Twitter after my run today:

Uneventful run with 1 exception. You know how people get lyrics wrong? Rod Stewart Maggie May: 'Or steal my daddy's cue and make a living out of playing pool' Always thought he was going to follow in his father's footsteps duh

It really was too funny as I ran along listening to the words and it suddenly dawned on me that he was speaking of 'stealing' his father's pool cue. I almost stopped in my tracks.

With this new plan/program/incentive, I decided to use my neighbourhood for my running course. Now, to be honest - I hate running in circles. But, it's getting to the point where I hate running on the highway even more. Especially now with the rain and leaves making the shoulders rather soft and slippery. Besides, I thought, running in circles in the 'hood gives me the opportunity to listen to my music.

I love to listen to music when I run on my treadmill, but have always left the iPod at home when running outside on the highways. With our little subdivision, traffic is almost non-existent. Listening to music won't get me mowed down by a speeding teen, a hug-the-white-line elder or a semi-truck so big it takes up the entire lane (and sometimes the shoulder where I am running). And I can get lost in the lyrics, laugh at my misunderstanding of lyrics or consider the advice the lyrics are dishing out.

Also from this morning's run - The Eurythmics (Sweet Dreams are Made of This):

Hold your head up
Keep your head up, movin' on

J

Comments