Running on - Variety...

As mentioned in an earlier post, I plan on having a variety of activities in my quest for C2FM. Today was a Brick workout. I dusted off the indoor bike and did 2 miles before switching over to the treadmill for a mile of intervals.

Don't get me wrong - this was not an eagerly awaited event today. I delayed for as long as I could and then promised myself I could JUST do the bike portion. Once I got going, though, I had a great workout, and there was no question I would jump onto the treadmill after my 12 minutes on the bike were over.

Variety is important for my mental health. If I had had another run scheduled, I'm pretty sure I would have bailed. And therein lies my usual problem - I bail, then I bail again and, well, you get the picture. So there will be bike rides (perhaps only bike rides - I do love my spin bike) and swim sessions. May even bust loose the step bench and do some aerobics. The important thing is to keep going, build on my fitness (will be very important in reaching that final goal), and make sure I am enjoying myself.

What is the saying - Variety is the spice of life...in my case, variety will be the spice of this quest.

J

Comments

Post a Comment