Running on - Endorphins...

Yikes, not a good idea to take an extra day off (actually, it is, but then I wouldn't have anything to bitch, er, write about).

I was a bear by 3:00 Saturday afternoon. Now, in my defence, we were putting up Christmas decorations...and the proverbial 'we' could have something to do with the snarkiness experienced. But I am thinking it may be the fact I didn't do my workout. Yes the endorphins, but also the realization at that time that I was missing something.

This could work to my advantage, if I cultivate that feeling. But, as evidenced today, I tend to ignore that feeling - disregard the thoughts of 'hey, maybe my not working out is causing some unease' - and think another day off is a good idea. I get lazy - one day off usually becomes two, three and then, next thing I know, it's two or three weeks and I'm starting again.

Luckily, that nasty, er, motivational spreadsheet is staring me in the face. And the need to write a blog post is poking me in the back of the head. I laced up my running shoes and hit the road, promising myself I would do the scheduled run (according to the plan) at the slowest pace possible. By my third interval, the endorphins had kicked in and I was in a zone. Felt good, got it done, back on track!

J

Comments