Running on - Or Not...

Seems I have a few of these posts titled that! And, no, I haven't given up - just giving my neck time to heal fully. I looked at running yesterday, but there was still tenderness and pain when I moved a certain way, so I thought it would be prudent to give myself a couple more days to recover.

Of course, I looked at my lovely colour-coded, highlighted schedule and felt sad. OK, in all honesty I felt guilty. But, I am going to mark my drop last Thursday and pick up from there. I'll be a week behind, but I would rather take up where I left off than try to run 5 miles when I'm not ready mentally or physically. And with the slash marks in my schedule, I won't be looking at blank columns.

Hmm, this really is a mental thing for me - right down to the colour-coding, spreadsheet visual!

On that note - there is Christmas breakfast to prepare, spiked coffee to drink, a book to read and some reflection on the year that's passed and the one to come.

Merry Christmas :)

J

Comments