Running on - Run #20...

Yes, I'm keeping track of how many runs I've done (I name them on my Garmin site, so I know today's was Run #20). And, no, I am not including my Brick workouts in this number - this is strictly a running workout number.

All that being said, seems I've just finished my twentieth run since I began the C2FM Plan. Time flies - it feels like only a week ago I began this quest with my first run (a 2 mile :30/:60 interval run). But it's been 7 weeks - and today was a 4 mile .75/.25 interval run.

An interval run that felt amazing. Have we turned a corner? Will Run #20 go down in the books as a pivotal point in my quest? Time will tell - but I was incredibly happy that my snarky, dark, pessimistic side was actually on board this morning (no tantrums, no arguing). And incredibly happy that the legs felt good - good enough to push the pace a bit, running intervals intending to be around the 12:30m/M pace ended up being 12:49, 11:58, 11:14 and 11:15. The focus on cadence seems to be paying off, as well. My turnover was quick and light.

Now, to bank this run in the memory vault for times when it isn't so 'all that and a bag of chips'. And to keep going (I have a tendency to slide after really great runs - what's up with that?). Here's looking ahead to Run #21 and more!

J

Comments