Running on - This Day...

So, the calendar page got turned. And I got caught up in the future...

I think that's one of the things that derails me when I start a new training program. That looking ahead to those 10, 12 and 13 mile runs. The thought of running 3.5 at this moment in time has me shaking my head and wondering if it's doable. 13 miles? I immediately believe that I will never be able to do that.

Defeated before even getting past the 3 mile mark.

This Day - that's all that counts. A workout that is appropriate for This Day. That's what I need to believe in! That's what I need to focus on.

That's what I need to do!

J

Comments

  1. You said it yourself...you are building a foundation. Confidence will come from every new "long"...dont focus on next month, next week, next run. Be present and celebrate every success. You WILL do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right - it's important to celebrate every success. And thanks for the encouragement, David :)

      Delete
  2. Exactly! And when you need reassurance look back at how far you've come in terms of your overall fitness this year. I am in awe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janice - sometimes I forget to look back at the successes...focusing more on where I went wrong (ooh, now there's an insight - hmmm ). A good reminder!

      Delete

Post a Comment