Running on - Willy Nillies...

I had a very hard time getting out the door today. A really hard time - indicative of my past couple of days and I may be staring at that slippery slope sooner than I thought (but that's another post). The goal today was to do The Plan's scheduled workout (4 x .50/.25 - same run as Monday), but I knew I would have to entice myself with something else...

Enter the Willy Nilly. A run where I just do what I can, walk when I have to, until the planned mileage is done. I like Willy Nilly Runs because they get me out of my own head. They are liberating - a way for me to say 'Hey, run or not, it's all good.' And this run, even though I started off grumpy and full of tantrums (don't wanna, too cold, damn iPod wasn't charged), ended up being awesome.  I ran the one side of the loop in the 'hood, walked the other side.

And I got it done!!!

Hey, maybe Wednesdays should be now known as Willy Nilly Wednesdays (to go with Wine Wednesday)? I could use it as a speed workout (since I tend to run faster when I know I have a shorter distance) AND I could maybe run it watchless (something I need to think about doing so I don't get too stuck on the stats). Something to contemplate.

J

Comments