Running on - 2019's Word of the Year...

Grit is passion and perseverance for very long-term goals. Grit is having stamina. Grit is sticking with your future, day-in, day-out. Not just for the week, not just for the month, but for years. And working really hard to make that future a reality. Grit is living life like it's a marathon, not a sprint. - Dr. Angela Lee Duckworth

Here we are - and here I am! Radio silence for a bit as I worked through my kinked neck and then some black clouds that descended upon me. I've finally chased them off - and my neck is better (not 100%, but better) - and it's a brand new year!

I love the shiny New Year. The empty slate. The vast potential. The endless possibilities. The opportunity to reflect, acknowledge and then move on in the hopes that the lessons learned previously will not have to be repeated (but accepting of the fact that they just might). And I love choosing a new word in the hopes of steering (nudging, suggesting) myself towards being a better person.

This year's word is GRIT.

Let it guide my decisions, fuel my desires, and remind me that the road ahead may be bumpy but passable. Here's to an interesting ride.

Happy New Year,
J

Comments

  1. Excellent word choice, Janet! I look forward to exploring some trails with you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, soon Janice. That would be awesome. And thanks...kind of liking my word :)

      Delete

Post a Comment