Running on - #gyst...

I'm thinking of changing my 2019 Word of the Year*...I mean, it's only 20 days in, not too late. Right?

Not to worry - #grit is still written in blue on my whiteboard. #grit is still my Word of the Year - just off to a slow start is all. But seriously, 'get your shit together' has become the catch phrase around here for the past couple of weeks (#gyst). Let's recap:

Dec. 18 - kinked my neck badly, couldn't move = no running (this would be the ultimate fall off the wagon...not to worry, I've fallen off the wagon so many times it's ridiculous)

Dec. 22 - bad news from work (such that I wasn't sure I'd have work come Dec. 24 OR if that work would take me into January...let's not forget the worry that I wasn't going to get paid) = instant stress

Dec. 23 - Jan 01 - the neck issues lasted a week, the stress even longer, the promise of a new year and 'why the hell would I start something anew when a new year was right around the corner' mentality meant a delay

Jan. 02 - 08 - really tried to get back on the wagon...workout journal is filled in, looks promising

Jan. 09 - Ron working, I am in charge of walking Zoe twice a day = really, who has time to workout on top of 3.4 miles of walking per day (I really am the Queen of Excuses)

Jan. 14 - today -  another jump back on the wagon only to fall off The.Very.Next.Day

And here we are - re-re-regrouping. The point (I am trying to convince myself) is that I am re-grouping. I haven't thrown in the towel. I may be lying on the ground watching the wagon circle, but I haven't crawled into the bushes to hide from said wagon!

This.Week. I will get my shit together. Today was spent on regrouping, re-organizing, re-thinking (hmm, I seem to do a lot of that). I am stepping back in order to have a week of success (I CAN run 30 minutes either non-stop outside...weather permitting...or 2/1 x 10 on the treadmill). And, I'm focusing on a 30 push-up/plank challenge (if you want to join me, I've included the challenge below).

I am feeling more optimistic than I have in a month. I am feeling less frustrated, less anxiety, less tension (not to mention those dark clouds seem to have dissipated...as they always do, given time). Maybe, just maybe, I am about to get my shit together.

J

Push-up Challenge Week 1
Mon: 5 push-ups/30s plank
Tues: 5/30
Wed: 6/35
Thurs: 6/35
Fri: 7/40
Sat: 7/40
Sun: 10/45





Comments