Running on - Mantras...

"That's all you have to do."

As I stated yesterday, I got on the spin bike with the promise to do 10 minutes and then, if I felt like it, I could quit and have that nap. Usually, all I have to do is get started and the workout gets done. If I don't start, well...

Today, after walking Zoe, I had a weight training session scheduled. I didn't want to do it - after a seriously bad night of maybe a couple of hours sleep, I.did.not.want.to.do.it. I got home, fed the dog, changed out of my outdoor shoes and reminded myself that all I had to do was a set of 11 on a few arm exercises. When I looked at it from an 'all I have to do' stand point, that overwhelming feeling diminished and I got to it.

"That's all you have to do." is a great mantra to keep the workout in perspective. I'm not running a marathon (yet). I'm not needing to carve out 4 hours in my day. Everything I have scheduled is doable (and as challenging as I wish to make it at that time). Repeating my mantra in order to get started will help me reach my goals - will help me from becoming overwhelmed.

And that's all I have to do!!

J

Comments

  1. Great advice. I'm doing a 30-day yoga challenge this month and had exactly that feeling last evening so forced myself to just bring up the youtube video, roll out the mat, and sit down. It turned out that was all I needed to get me started and finish the whole 40 minute practice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good job, Janice!! I do love a challenge in any way, shape or form ;) It really is amazing how our brains work...and how much control they have over us if we let them!

      Delete

Post a Comment