Running on - Hills...

I decided to brush off the old hill routine of a few years ago - a brilliant little hill along the very quiet Village Nursery Rd that actually has two hill options. If you park in the valley of the two hills, you can decide which you want to do - the steeper, shorter one (37%), or the long, gradual one (30%). My workout had been 5 runs up the steeper one, walks back down then, on the fifth one, keep walking up the longer one, then run back down to repeat that sequence 5 times. Hits both hills, hits both the quads and the hamstrings, and good practice for uphill and downhill.

To make sure I stuck to the plan - and for some company and a good catch-up - I called on my friend Janice to join me. The time flew by as we yakked about all sorts of things. And her awesome cadence helped me find a good rhythm, too. It was an awesome workout and the adrenaline is still pumping through my blood.

So much to report about this run (you know how much I love my stats) - so I thought I'd let the graphs do the talking. First up - pacing:



All of those spikes are in the 9 minute mile territory with a whole bunch of below 8 minute/mile highlights. Speedy!

Now, cadence:


That blue? That is excellent cadence...I can usually get myself into the green if I really focus on the turnover. Mostly, I am in the orange when I run. But blue? Janice's influence!!

You know, after a run like that, I wonder why I have such a hard time getting out there?

J

Comments

  1. Now that's what I'm talking about!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome run! You are turning into a speedster! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I really should look more closely at the fact I like to go fast for a SHORT amount of time!! That being said, good to know there's some speed in my legs and hopefully, workouts like this will translate to faster paces during the longer runs :)

      Delete

Post a Comment