Running on - An Extra Interval...

Again with the 'looking forward to running' mentality!! Interesting.

Today was a repeat of last week's 7/3 interval run with the addition of another interval to make 8 (or run/walk time of 1:20:00. It was also a repeat of giving myself an out, just in case - timed so that the 7th interval would be at the bottom of the road and I could, if I wanted to, call it done at that point.

I didn't quite calculate distances correctly, so the end of the 7th run segment saw me run past the entrance to the subdivision. But by that time, I knew I was doing 8. The run segments were all within 5 seconds of each other - with no interval slower than the previous. I felt light on my feet, legs were not heavy and not once did I feel like I was sinking into the ground.* Even the last two intervals, when I was working hard to make that 7 minute time, I was in control and content. OK, the cadence could have been much better, but my heart rate was exactly where I wanted it to be - I even managed to get it to drop on the 6th run segment when I looked down and saw it had spiked up.

The miscalculation of intervals and distance meant I didn't have to run up that hill for my final run segment, so no Rockstar Status for me today. But overall it was a pretty fabulous run - and the longest distance I've run since the Bluenose half May 22, 2016!

*I've had the feeling lately of running into the ground, like my knees are bent and I'm trudging along through mud - today, I did not have that feeling at all.

J

Comments