Running on - Number 50...

This is run number 50 - if you hadn't figured that out already. Since beginning this quest back in Oct., I've run 50 times. Now the first 25 were awesome - consistent and definitely progressing. Then I hit a bad patch. No motivation, uninspired, weary of what I had chosen to focus on. But, I think I've got myself back in the picture.

I said to my friend the other day, January and February are hard months for me. I should know better than to plan specifically for those months. The great thing about my quests, my endless journaling, is that eventually these epiphanies take place. I never said I was quick to learn the lessons, but usually I do.

Anyway, I thought this would have been a treadmill run as the forecast was for rain into the afternoon. But the rain had ended before I was even out of bed and although I thought about the treadmill, the warm temperature (+8C) lured me outside. Still running in circles, not yet trusting the shoulders on the highway to be clear of snow, ice and, now, mud, the plan of 2/1s made those circles less tedious. As did the lovely day, sounds of birds singing and water rushing in the ditches, and the smell of spring.

So, not only was this run number 50, it was also the end of Week 20! With 32 weeks to go, progression has to be my top priority. Am reading a great article on progression as it pertains to strength training, I'll share the link and my thoughts next week.

For now, I'm off to have my wonderful reward of hot chocolate and a quiet sit in my chair by the window. There may be some congratulatory pats on the back, maybe some replay of the run and definitely a look forward to the next 32 weeks.

J

Comments