Running on - Sunshine...

Ooh, remember the old '80's song by Katrina and the Waves - Walking on Sunshine?

Anyway, I digress. The run today was in lovely sunshine and warm temperatures. A slight wind that kept me from removing my gloves, but truly a beauty of a day.

The run itself was OK - slow, but then nothing new about that. I think I should run faster, but I know I want to do non-stop, so running faster makes me worry I won't be able to do the entire distance (ie - I'll run out of gas). I had planned a simple 20 minute run as this is a 4th week (week 20 to be exact), an easy week, but I felt good, so I kept going. My 20 minutes became the goal of 2 miles, which became the goal of 2.5 miles (3 laps around the 'hood), which then became 3 miles. Then I was done. I walked the rest of the way back home.

With this sunshine and warm temperatures melting all the snow we got in the last 3 weeks (really, the only snow we got all winter), the highway shoulders should be thawing out and drying up. Thank goodness because I hate running in circles. At the start of this quest, I thought I would run all my runs in the loop - I could have my driveway/mailbox to stash water/fueling needs so I wouldn't have to wear a fuel belt. I have learned that that will not work - running in .85 mile loops is tedious. Not to mention knowing that my friend and neighbour is sitting in her office and sees me every time I pass! I can't even imagine doing 15 1/2 loops to run a half marathon distance!! Double that for a full. Um, nope. Hopefully by next week, I'll be back out on the highway enjoying the views and swearing at the drivers who don't move over to give me some room!

Ah, happy times!!

J

Comments

  1. I couldnt imagine. 6 laps around Hepburn was tedious...1 mile loops would be brutal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very brutal, Dave - which is why I will be taking the rest of the training out onto the highway ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment