Running on - 3 Days in a Row...

And not a blog post about the first two days! My apologies to my lone reader ;) Just didn't have the oomph to do a post run write-up for either Sunday's trail run with Janice (which was a run/walk effort with Janice being very patient at all my walk breaks) or Monday's Heart Rate Training run (which saw me walk more than run because my heart rate was way up).

Let's move on to today's run. Planned: 4 miles Willy Nilly. Actual: 4.1 miles Willy Nilly up Village Nursery Road. Being honest, the out part of the run sucked! Tried to keep it slow and steady, but struggled with my breath. On a positive note - it was uphill and into the wind (grasping at straws). I managed a little over a mile before I switched to walking. Then, it was run/walk whenever I felt like it. Now, the back part of the 'out and back' run was much, much better (note - it was downhill, wind at my back). Still took walk breaks, but it felt much easier (um, downhill perhaps helped?) and my breathing was more in control.

Funny, because I was running faster. I've noticed over the last 69 runs that I have a sweet spot - around the 11m/M - 11:30m/M pace. At this speed, my runs feel effortless. Now, I can't go for long at that pace, but that feeling of 'joy'/ease makes me happy. The slow, trudging, shuffle I breakout when I hope to do non-stop runs makes me feel like crap.

So, Janet, why are you trudging and shuffling along slowly if it doesn't make you happy?

Why do I do a lot of things that don't make me happy?

Well, now, let's not go there!!!

Obviously, there's some thinking to do. Maybe some revamping of my schedule, goals, run intervals. But no matter the outcome of these inner thoughts, I will continue to run...

And post ;)

J

Comments