Running on - and Technological Breakthrough...

I got my watch to work for Heart Rate Training today!!! Yay, me. You have not idea how excited I get when I master something technical...I may have got so excited when my watch vibrated letting me know I was at the top end of my heart rate parameter that it spiked even higher. That's OK, but between that and the lingering effects of my cold, it took some time to get it back down to the low end of the parameter.

As I tweak my running schedule, I now get those runners who have various goals for each run. There's a ton of information out there that basically says every run should have a goal, but with my recent dislike of running, it was hard to create smaller goals over and above the 'get out there and run, you goof.' Now that I seem to be looking forward to my runs, I can start to visualize what I want from each workout.

Of course I've spoken of heart rate training before. Mondays are my HRT days - but I also think this is a really good time to work on my cadence. Obviously, I am working in very short segments - perfect for picking up the cadence. And with a faster turnover, my heart rate climbs faster. Therefore, the end result of this training should be a quicker turnover at a lower heart rate for longer run segments.

I'll keep documenting my progress. Today's run was 6 run segments (segments in the upper 10m/M pace, cadence around the 155spm), total time of 38:26, 2.5 miles. A minute and a half faster than 2 weeks ago.

A win all the way around today!

J

Comments