Running on - Holidays...

NOT BEFORE! Work was very busy/stressful early last week and I was trying to get everything organized for my short vacation to Boston. Lame excuse, but there it is!

NOT DURING! There was no way I was going to try and pack running gear in my carry on and I know from past experience that I wouldn't have run anyway. It would have been nice - there was a lovely park down the road from where I was staying and more parks scattered throughout Boston. It is the home of the Boston Marathon, so runners are everywhere. We saw plenty throughout Boston, many trying to maneuver in Good Friday crowds in downtown Boston. Maybe next time, if there is a next time, I will take my gear and join the avid runners (but along the Charles River - not downtown).

NOT AFTER! Arrived late afternoon Monday, so there wasn't going to be a run then, but I had hoped to get one in on Tuesday. That didn't happen. Nor did I run on Wednesday. In fact, I haven't done a thing since being back except the usual laundry and catch up on work - not even a walk with Ron and the dog! But I knew I had to get back to it - or I really would find it harder and harder to get out there.

SO TODAY - I laced up the shoes and reluctantly headed out for a run. I copped out and did three short intervals with equal time walking. At least I was moving! Now, to find the motivation to get back to my training schedule - so much easier to sit on my ass and read a paper/book, take a nap, surf the 'net*, be lazy!

J
*am seriously thinking of giving up social media after having the long weekend unplugged and loving it

Boston Marathon Finish Line (you'd think it would have motivated me - nope, scared me tough :)


Comments

  1. Just back from a trip to the vet, my (actually Dakota's) vet. She ran Boston, had a great time, imho, she said it was tough, smiling ear to ear as she's telling me. She said the crowd was amazing and truly a great experience. I enjoyed watching it, can't imagine ever running that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would have loved to be there to watch - we drove some of the route and it's gorgeous. Probably will never run it - love watching it - perhaps I am an armchair athlete ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment