Swimming on - Back in the Pool...

And clunky as hell. I just couldn't find that meditative state in the pool today. Usually, after a couple of laps, I can get in to a nice groove...I mean, it probably doesn't look that great, but it feels good. Relaxed, methodical. But I didn't accomplish either one of those. My breathing was erratic, my arms felt out of sync and the legs were all over the place. On more than two laps, I ended up swimming into the wall (I was on the outside lane - thank goodness I wasn't sharing a lane with someone). I'm usually pretty good at keeping it right down the middle.

Obviously, I haven't been in the pool for a while - but even when I took months and months off, I never felt so clumsy when I dipped my toe back into the chlorinated H2O.

I will have to go back to watching my swim guru and get that endless soundtrack in my head so that the next time I jump in, I will be able to hear that Zen-like music and envision Shinji slicing through the water without so much as a splash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJpFVvho0o4

J

Comments