Running on - And Upping the Mileage...

I was determined today to add mileage to my Saturday run. I did 2 7/3s around the 'hood, then headed up toward Conquerall Bank Road. Obviously, I was also determined to tackle that (those) hills.

Top 5 Things About Today's Run:

1. Took it really slow, which allowed me to cover more running than walking (even up the hills)

2. Got up 3 of the hills on Conquerall Bank Rd

3. Felt really good until the last mile or so, had to change up the intervals

4. Longest distance in a very long time (7.3 miles that included warm-up and cool-down)

5. Still managed an 11:00m/M pace on my last 3 minutes before hitting the 'hood for my walk home

Very happy with the run today - the pace, the cadence, the mileage, the hills and I even managed to keep  my heart rate down. Calling it a win :)

J

Comments