Running on - Fast Feet...

Just seemed to be a day for speed today. I wanted to change it up, so decided on 4/1s...my usual 4 mile out and back route. It was supposed to be moderate speed - steady. I knew I was in trouble after the first two run segments were averaging out at 10:30m/M. Needless to say, I ran out of gas...

But, I just kept adjusting the run segments, dropping it down to 3/2s, then 2/1s and threw in a couple of 1 minute runs (one of those run at a 9:16m/M pace).

I came away with some serious feel good endorphins AND a new 5K personal best (37:11 - again, no land speed records, but considering I ran my first 5K back in November in 39:32, I'm calling it a win)!!! My cadence was up - stride length long - and heart rate relatively steady (although my watch always tells me I'm in the red/danger zone).

Brenda - serious JOY today ;)

J

Comments