Running on - Mega Excuses...

OK - lame excuses!

Saturday was supposed to be a long run. It was raining. I went grocery shopping instead, with the thought I'd get out there in the afternoon when the weather cleared.

Weather somewhat cleared, but I ate a huge piece of pizza for lunch. I thought maybe I'd get out there after it digested.

I went for a bath instead, with the thought that it was still drizzly and damp but Sunday was looking promising (and, after all, that's why I don't run back to back on the weekend so that I can change days if need be).

Sunday was supposed to be the long run. Get this - I opted to dismantle and clean my kitchen from top to bottom instead.

OK - I think I'm trying to tell myself something!

Today, the goal was to get back to the routine. Monday is Heart Rate Training Day - so up and out the door. Watch's GPS wouldn't work. You can't run without a GPS tracking, especially if doing a HRT day. Seriously! So I walked 2 miles and wondered what is it about running that I keep shying away from because, really, cleaning my kitchen for 4 hours is no where near equivalent to a measly hour and a half run!

I am pleased to report that I came home and did my strength training workout after my walk this morning (I have been neglecting my strength training lately). And...my kitchen is immaculate!!

J

Comments