Running on - Old Shoes...

Oops!

I threw on an old pair of runners yesterday to take a quick trip into town. The errands were scattered, so I did a lot of walking (brisk walking). These old runners are pretty beat up - and are tied such that I just need to slip my feet in and go (in other words - no tread, no support and loosey-goosey). I didn't think twice.

Until I got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and my left knee felt weird. This morning, the knee felt even weirder. And that's the only thing I can think of since I simply walked Zoe yesterday (in good shoes) and my strength training was upper body.

My planned run for today has been postponed so I don't aggravate the knee any more, but I did do a 5K walk with Zoe this morning. Knee felt OK, but definitely not normal.

Fingers crossed it's nothing drastic. BTW - old shoes have been tossed.

J

Comments