Running on - And the Thunder Rolled...

Garth Brooks is in my head today!

Decided to get out there to do a much overdue Heart Rate Training Day - and had to move quickly once I made that decision as a thunderstorm was headed our way. I made my planned time (30 minutes) and was on the cool down walk home as 'the thunder rolled'. Then the rain started - so my cool down was upgraded to a sprint - especially since the thunder was getting closer (had visions of being a perfect target in my hot pink shirt for a bolt of lightening)!

Surprisingly, this is only my 3rd recorded Heart Rate Training Run (I thought I had done more - but, to be honest, I have been slacking on my Monday runs). Pleasantly surprising is the fact that there is improvement.

March 11 - 30 minute run in an effort* to keep heart rate around the 124bpm mark equalled 1.88 miles
April 9 - 30 minute run in an effort* to keep heart rate around the 124bpm mark equalled 2.08 miles
June 3 - 30 minute run in an effort* to keep heart rate around the 124bpm mark equalled 2.15 miles

The bonus was my average heart rate for those 30 minutes was right on the 124bpm mark!

So glad I got out there and got 'er done!

J

*watch set to alert me at 140bpm, at that time taking my effort to a walk in order to drop heart rate to 110bpm, watch alerts me then to start running again

Comments

  1. I am f in belly catching up...my brain wouldn't let me read while I was im n the shelf...sorry!

    Reading your posts is a constant reminder to me that I am not as educated of a runner as I should be. Heart rate training and etc.

    Also reminds me of how underutilized my watch is! 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey - don't blame you. Glad you're off the shelf - glad you stayed on there in order to heal!!! And you don't need to be too educated - sometimes all the stuff I read just plays havoc with my head!

      Love my watch!!

      Delete

Post a Comment