Running on - With Liquid This Time...

After last week's onset of vertigo and reading that dehydration could be a cause (and having run over an hour and a half without any water intake), I was prepared for this week's long run.

On a side note, I had planned on switching my run/walk time to 7&2s, but I couldn't get my watch to upload the workout. Frustrating!!

I opted for a Gatorade type drink - got it all prepared and headed it out the door. And I was diligent at sipping during my walk breaks. Problem arose when, half way into the run, my bladder indicated it's fullness. The hill this week gave me grief and I walked most of the incline, which settled the bladder somewhat. Until I started running again...and my water bottle was half empty and making sloshing noises. Similar to a tap running, it did not help the issue at hand. Nor did my determination to finish the run/walk segments as planned.

No worries, I did make it home without incident (whew). Once the most pressing issue was taken care of, I stretched and noticed my stomach was a little queasy. I believe next week's long run will be with water only.

And this is why one practice's everything - not just the running, but the hydration/fueling as well.

Besides the bladder, and the hill, I had a good run and am happy with the time, distance and my cadence improved over last week! Calling it a win (especially since I didn't have to duck into the bushes ;)

J

Comments