Running on - Mega Reasons...

The Yin for yesterday's Yang...

I was actually looking forward to today's run for a lot of reasons. Number 1: I was planning to scale back to 3 miles instead of 4.

Number 2: I was planning 2/1 intervals (like last Thursday's run) where I would run 'tempo' for 2 minutes and then catch my breath for one minute. I really like intervals - and, obviously, I like going faster.

Number 3: It's a beautiful day and some sunshine and fresh air were greatly needed.

Number 4: After a stern talking to, and much needed reflection, I realized that this running gig is not rocket science. And I remembered my other goal - by the end of the proposed timeframe (October 2019 - a year after I began this quest), I will have made running a habit...and enjoyable habit...no matter the distance and/or time.

The run did not disappoint. I pushed myself on those 2 minute run segments, enjoyed the recuperation of a minute walk, and was rewarded with a new record (according to my watch) of an 11:02 mile! Had I run one more segment, I would have also had a new 5K record - but another time!

J

Comments