Running on - Tempo Attempt...

...and INSPIRATION!

After my last mopey post and e-mail/comments from my friend (Inspiration #1), I figured I better find some joy on my run today. Then, with comments from my nephew (Inspiration #2) re: this post, I figured I should take my own advice on my run today. Thus, a 45 minute 'tempo' run - 2/1 intervals (because I can not run at tempo pace for a long period of time).

AWESOME run! Yeah, it was tough, especially when my legs wouldn't slow down. I had hoped for 11:30 tempo run segments - ended up, all the segments were below that with the exception of 3. And two of those were because I was pooped and did 1:30/1:30 intervals. At one point, I thought I would be giving up after 10 intervals, but I dug deep and kept going!

And, to top it all off, my watch informed me that I set a new 5K record. When I think I was only running 2 minutes with a 1 minute walk break, I know I have the ability. I also know that running just that much faster makes me a happier runner!

J

Comments

  1. Way to go on the 5k record! Told you you're getting faster! Glad you are sticking with it.

    Remember, any miles are good miles. If you are getting disheartened by seemingly no progress or not hitting your goal for the day it will hurt your mindset.

    If the thought of a run weighs on you before you set out that is negative juju you need to get rid of somehow!

    Take note of the wonderful things running gives you. Fresh air. Birds singing. A nice beach run (jealous). Sun on your face (not sure I remember what that's like!). Time spent with a friend. Find the love. With the love will come success!

    If the program is overwhelming you, make changes and find the love.

    ...either that or I am full of shite! 😁

    Proud of you! Love you!

    D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All excellent advice - not shite at all! Thanks for that :) Yep, the mental game is the biggest hurdle for me, but I am determined this time to overcome it and find my happy runner place (be that short, fast runs or longer ones - we'll see).

      Delete

Post a Comment