Running on - A Long Overdue Post...

It's been almost a month since my last post! Wow - time flies. Best catch up...

After my last post (Running on - A Plan (Sort of)...), I not only fell off the blog posting, I fell off the exercise wagon. The first bump was a rainy Thursday where I decided not to run (cue the 'uh ohs'). The second, and ultimate unseating, was back spasms. There was no way I could run - I didn't even walk. I did spend the time with a heating pad and ibuprofen became my new best friend. On a side note, the back issues tend to arise when I am working on my editing job...hmmm???

Anyway, it was what it was. After a week, though, I thought I had better get out and at least walk. So, after 6 full days off I got out for a walk with Zoe. We had a good friend visiting and he and Ron were golfing, so I had to (I make it sound like I was all gung-ho about getting back to exercising - truth was, Zoe needs the walk to curtail some of her residual puppy energy, and I was the only one around). I ended up walking every day for the rest of that week.

The following Monday, it was back to the schedule. Tough to get back to it, but I had a good week running (and walking). I logged 27 miles that week - 18 of those were run miles. I kept at it the following week (last week) and ended up logging 30.54 miles (of those, 20 of them were run miles - holy crap!).

And now it's July. And we're caught up. The month of July looms large. I have less than 2 weeks before I head out on holidays. Less than 2 weeks before I run my first every trail run (yikes, it's 7 miles and I will admit, I am nervous about it). After the trail run, I need to keep at my running schedule - even if it's only 3 miles. I DO NOT want to come home and face starting over (well, not quite - but it will be hard). And it's happened before where 2 weeks stretches to 3, then 4, then...

J

Comments