Running on - A Plan (Sort of)...

Me and my plans! Today's plan was a tempo run - now for me, that's (in a perfect world) around an 11:30 minute mile. So I had a couple of options. Go out and do 2/1s like I did last week. Do 4/1s like I did a couple of weeks ago. OR ditch the plan altogether and do either a Willy Nilly Run or a non-stop, like last week.

It's a wonder I get anything done with my poor decision making skills!

Luckily, I didn't include the option of NOT running!!

Once I got out the door and opened the workouts on my watch, I knew it was going to be 4/1s - with the run segments holding steady at 11:30m/M pace. My other goal was to do all the intervals (two weeks ago, I had to change up on the fly).

Check and check!

The run segments were even steven. I felt great. Turnover was good. There was only one segment where I dropped below the 11:30 pacing right before the turn around point.

I managed to do 8 intervals...the 9th had a bit of a wobble and ended up being 1 minute run, 1 minute walk (just had to have that extra time to catch my breath) and then 3 minutes run. So I did do 4 and 1, just not in that order.

AND - when I stopped the watch, it told me I had set another personal best...a new 1 mile record of 11:52. Considering I was walking in that mile, I am pretty darned pleased.

Another great run. Not that I am a Debby Downer or am always looking for the other shoe to drop, but...Let's hope I've turned a corner with this whole running gig.

J

Comments